WW2 Vickers 90cm (30 inch) Searchlight
This 90 centimetre Searchlight was manufactured in 1939 and was powered by
a Lister generator at 90 watts giving a 120 amperes to create a 2 billion light candle power.
Its focused beam of light could reach out to a distance of 5 miles (8 kilometres).
It could be installed into fixed fortifications, mobile trucks, and on ships for night defence.
Many of these search light batteries were operated by women of the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS)
during air raids this was a completely female unit.
Restoration to working order now complete
Markings found as paint was being removed